NutPod, L.L.C., (“NutPod“), is committed to protecting the privacy of consumers visiting our website and purchasing our products and services. NutPod wishes to maintain a safe and secure environment for all users of our online products and services.
What Information Does NutPod Collect?
NutPod will collect personal information from our users for different purposes. The following lists the ways in which we collect personal information from our users and the type of information collected:
Information you provide voluntarily
- Account creation: To purchase products and to obtain other services offered on the Website, a user has to register an account by completing a questionnaire online. Through the completion of the questionnaire by a user we typically collect the following information: (i) full name; (ii) address; (iii) e-mail address; (iv) credit card information; (v) password; and (vi) nickname. The provision of this personal information is mandatory and if you choose not to submit the requested information we will not be able to provide you with the products or services offered on the Website.
All users can access the Website without being a registered user. However, you will not be able to access certain areas or purchase our products or services online if you are not a registered online user.
- Contests and sweepstakes: From time-to-time NutPod may sponsor contests/sweepstakes on our Website. Participation in these contests/sweepstakes is voluntary. Personal information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address) and demographic information (such as zip code). You will have the option in all of our contests/sweepstakes to choose whether to receive these special promotions etc. from NutPod and its advertisers, partners, affiliates, and sponsors.
- Staying in touch: NutPod may send, e-mail, phone, and SMS communications to customers in accordance with their communication preferences. You can opt-out from these communications at any time by following the instructions under the heading “Your Data Protection Rights”.
Information we collect automatically:
- Server logs: As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically from visitors to our Website and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and click stream data. We use this information, which does not directly identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Website, to track users’ movements around the Website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
How Does NutPod Use My Information?
NutPod uses personal information for the following purposes:
- Purposes apparent to you: NutPod uses the personal information it collects primarily for the purposes made apparent to you at the time the information is collected – namely: to facilitate purchases online, to register users’ purchases, to process users’ resumes or to consider authorized reseller applications. In particular, the users’ shipping and billing addresses are used for fulfilling the purchase orders and to bill a user’s credit card. The personal information provided in a resume and authorized reseller’s application is used to consider the eligibility of the candidates. In addition to the original purpose for which the personal information is collected, we may use the personal information to contact users to confirm information related to his/her order or to advise a user if an item is on back order.
- Communications: In addition, NutPod also may use users’ contact details for the following purposes in accordance with the user’s communication preferences:
- for internal surveys to obtain feedback on our products, our Website, or on other aspects of our business that impact you as a NutPod customer;
- to notify users of new products or services we think may be of interest to them;
- to send promotional materials.
Does NutPod Disclose My Personal Information?
NutPod discloses personal information in the following circumstances:
- Service providers: From time to time, we may disclose your personal information to organizations that perform services for or on behalf of NutPod. For example, to provide customer service, deliver products, ship items, process credit cards, for research, marketing, product ratings and reviews, data processing, and to measure the use of our Website. We will share with these companies only that personal information which they need to perform work on our behalf. Your personal information will be provided to these organizations only if they agree to use such information solely for the purpose of providing services to NutPod, and under the instructions of NutPod, and with respect to that information, to keep it secure and act in a manner consistent with the relevant principles articulated in this Policy.
- Compliance with law: We may disclose your data to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so. For example, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services.
Please note that if you ask us to delete your personal information we will endeavor to comply with your request in compliance with applicable law, but may need to retain and use some information where necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information (EEA visitors only)
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area, our basis for collecting and using your personal information will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
We may collect information from you in the following ways: 1) with your consent; 2) in order to perform our contractual obligations with you; 3) where the processing of the information is within our legitimate business interests and such business interest is not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms; or 4) in order to perform our legal obligations or to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another.
If legally permissible, we will inform you that we are collecting your personal information and whether the collection of the information is mandatory or not, including the possible consequences if you do not provide the information requested (e.g., our inability to perform certain requests).
Our Website may offer publicly accessible blogs, forums, and user reviews. You should be aware that any information you provide in these public forums may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
Social Media Features and Widgets
Links To Other Websites
How Do I Contact NutPod?